Monday, October 23, 2006

Meet and Greet II

(before i begin i apologize b/c blogger is acting crazy and I am unable to post my pics... i will post at a later time)
The weekend that was….
Friday was a good relaxing evening, nothing happened that is worth mentioning so let’s fast forward to Saturday.
Saturday was the Baltimore Blogger Meet and Greet. As usual with all the black folks involved the 7pm meeting time turned in to 7:30-7:45pm, but what do you expect. So once TTD and I picked up Organized Noise we drove down to Houlihans to meet up with the fellow bloggers. The first two bloggers to arrive were our good friends Bkln diva and No1Special.. As soon as they got there we immediately ordered drinks. Bklndiva ordered a Moijito, TTD and I shared a 1liter Long Island Ice Tea, Organized Noised ordered a screw driver and I want to say No1Special ordered a Rasberry 1Liter Ice Tea. Soon there after TE and Brian showed and by then we all decided to move to our table. Kween got there late, but what do you expect from a actress....she had to make a entrance... Once seated everyone began to converse about what school they represented, LU (first historically black institution), Morgan State, Penn State and Norfolk State respectiviely and lets not forget about Tesst Institute..
After we ordered our appetizers, let the drinking begin…Quad who was our waiter and looked like a younger version of Michael Jackson (before he had been touched or should I say before he touched someone) began to bring us drinks. Quad didn’t know he had a table of drunks, out table looked liked the bar after a while.....

1 Liter Long Island, Mojito, Screw Driver, Mud Slides, Long Island without the Tea, Jack and Coke, Mini Martini’s, Rasberry Long Island, Shot of French Almond Whiskey (don’t ask, but it’s good) and I’m sure I’m leaving a alot of others out…but you can just imagine….

We the ordered our food and began to eat our food. You can tell when people are eating b/c I don’t remember us talking while we ate…Well that was until Bkln Diva realized she had a mushroom in her meal. If you don’t know she is allergic to mushrooms and it could have ended up very fatal for her….which would have ruined the evening I might add….but luckily she looks at her food instead of just chowing down, like the rest of us did and she caught the mushroom. (thankfully)
So then we began to converse some more and play games…Never have I ever is a game that is fun and you get to learn a lot about people. Plus it’s a game for all of you that are sexually active (which I’m not, I’m saving myself for marriage) gives you the opportunity to realize that you aren’t the only one that has done something. Never have I ever had sex in a car, Never have I ever had sex at work, ….so you can imagine why so much alchol was being consume…But the best question of the night needed a demonstration, (**No1Special**ask her to demonstrate)
I would tell you what the demonstration was but I will leave up to your imagination…

We continued to drink and laugh for a couple of hours but like all good things the night had to come to a end…So after a few people had dessert we decided to call a quits but not before we all took photo opportunities (once again due to the fact blogger pictures suck....see TTD post)

To all the bloggers, i just wanted to say whether in D.C. or in MD i enjoyed meeting and socializing with you all. Can't wait until we all are on the same schedule and are able to gather and socialize together...that will be a sight to see....

7 Comments:

Blogger TTD said...

I really think we should do these more often... Visit different cities every few months or so. I had a ball. This weekend and last!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

How you gonna say EVERYONE was late, when the only reason I was "late" was because I was waiting on you. :-)

@ ttd . . . After my first few NYC Blogger meet-ups I decided to do the exact same thing. Baltimore was my first stop. Going to Philly next month and Boston some time in the spring. I'll keep you posted on my trips and maybe you and GTL can join me.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said...

Missy and I were just talking about planning something in Boston. But, I'm nervous that the holidays might interfere with people being available or being able to travel like that...with all the gifts we all need to buy.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Guide_to_life said...

i would say the next meet in greet should be sometime after x-mas b/c i think dynasty is right with the holiday's & family there are too many things happening..but to begin the new year a blogger meet and greet would be nice especially if 8-10 of us could all go

3:30 PM  
Blogger BK said...

Well anything in the spring I will miss unless its local.. My kids are active and I have dance competitions and Karate tournaments and state championships that I'll be attending.. PLUS CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY LOL


but I had a BALL.. *now on to linking GTL*

9:25 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I agree with everyone. After Philly, I didn't plan on doing anything until next year. Was trying to get a crew to go to Vegas for the All-Star game, but definitely wanted to make it up to Boston once it warms up.

8:06 PM  
Blogger SomeOne said...

Well I'm game, my busy season is over after Nov 15th....the only other thing holding me back is my 2nd gig, you know they only give me 1 weekend off a month....*spit*

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home