Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Definitely One of the G.O.A.T's



Do you remember how you felt when you heard the news that, Biggie Smalls died. My first reaction was anger. I was angry that another talented Black man was no longer living. Why is it that so many people influential blacks have died way before their time.
Although they have moved on all of them have left us memories on them or have left something for the world to remember that they were here.... Individuals such as Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Rosa Parks, Richard Pryor, Coretta Scott King, Luther Vandross, Lou Rawles,Shirley Horn, Nipsey Russell, Shirley Chisholm, Tupac Shakur Ossie Davis among many others...(and that's the really short list)
So today in memory of the very talented hip hop artist, The Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls aka Christopher G. Wallace 1973-1997.
Let us take this day to remember what a lyrical genius Biggie Smalls was and actually still is. Although his life was taken from us we still can live through his music....
C'mon I know you feel me when I ask you....How many of us still nod our heads to,"I love it when they call me B.I.G. Poppa" or get pumped when we hear,"Who the hell is this, Pagin me at 5:46 in the Morning Crack of Dawn, now I'm Yawn'n. Wipe the cole out my eye, see who this pagin me and why" I'm sorry I was ready to give you guys the whole song.
When Biggie and Pac where around hip hop was just hitting it's peak, it was becoming mainstream, and although they are not around to see it we still pay our respects....to one if not thee Greatest of all Time...

7 Comments:

Blogger Hali said...

Hip Hop has changed since the loss of Tupac and Biggie. Sad, but like you stated we can live on rockin to there music.

6:11 PM  
Blogger NegroPino™ said...

I got the 1st album in the car...My ish was GIMME THE LOOT........GIMME THE LOOT>.....I will always have fond memories of Frankie baby.....but you know what they say the GOod Die young

9:50 AM  
Blogger TTD said...

i love biggie.. BTW.. i'd appreciate it if you gave me back my CD.. i wanna listen to it now! :o)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

not a huge rap fan, but biggie was cool. he definitely had some classic catchy tunes

1:57 PM  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

A very good rapper. Nice post.

2:10 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

My African. Biggie beez. Datz my African!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Sex free toon demo

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home